Hello, Today I want to share with you guys the recipe of a super healthy muffin. One which uses banana, spinach, curd and whole wheat, I mean it doesnot get healthier than this. And as weird as the combination may sound, the muffins taste very nice, trust me on this one. They are mildly sweet and you will really love the taste of these. Infact, hubby man, who is the bigger child around the house, loved these muffins too, and he absolutely hates vegetables. Yeah, tell me about it, I have my work cut out for me. Infact when I first met him, the only thing he used to eat were potatoes. Though they are very good too, but avoiding other vegetables completely is not good at all. Well he is much changed now and does eat a lot of greens. But when he saw me putting spinach into muffins he literally started making faces ? and cried “why are you putting spinach in muffins, spare those at least.”
But once these were done, he did have a change of heart and actually ate two, and then told me that had he not seen the spinach he would not have guessed it was in there. Yo hoo.
I am quite late in posting the recipe, and if you have followed me on my insta feed you will know we have been pretty busy with baby A starting daycare and all other stuff. Here is a link to my instagram account https://www.instagram.com/theavgmom/
In between I have made these muffin three times already and it comes out awesome each time. Another great thing about this muffin is that you can refrigrate a few from the batch and use them as tiffin or snack over a couple of days. It stays good.
Ohh and by the way I have made a video of it this time. Yay me. But unable to put text in the videos yet. I have to learn that. But if you want to check it out, here is the link ;
Do follow and subscribe to my account if you want me to post more video recipes. Coz, then I will do some research and stuff and will learn how to make better videos with texts and subtitles etc ?
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins + cooling time
Makes 15 muffins approx
* Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
* Baby spinach leaves – 2 cups
* Medium ripe bananas – 2
* Plain yogurt (or Greek yogurt) – 1/2 cup
*Baking powder – 2 tsp
* Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
* Eggs – 2
* Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup
* Salt – 1 pinch
* Olive or canola oil – 1/4 cup
* zest of lemon – 1
* vanilla – 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Whisk the eggs until fluffy and then add in sugar
4. Add the oil, yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla into the eggs
5. Mash the banana with a spoon and add to the wet mixture.
6. Wash and Blend the spinach leaves in a food processor or chop them extremely fine.
7. Add to the wet mixture and mix well.
8. Add the wet mixture to the dry and fold it all in until combined. Don’t over mix.
9. Buter a muffin tin or moulds.
10. Put the batter into the cups, filling them upto the top.
11. Bake at 350 degree Celcius for 20 minutes
13. Remove and let cool.
Baby A loves these and I love to see him bite into one of these with his small teeth. He likes these and it is a perfect evening snack for him. In fact you can use it as a tiffin snack too. These are nutritious and power packed. And I love these too, because it is absolutely guilt free. Give them a try, I am sure you will love them. And if you like my recipes, please do subscribe to my blog, else you can follow my fb page too, where I update all my recipes.