Welcome to 2020, this year has started on a wrong foot for sure. And while we all have realised that staying at home and lazing around in pajamas in not that fun when you do it more than a week, it has also made us realise how fragile life is and how important are little things we take for granted. We have been locked inside our home since more than a month now and it is the best thing to do at this time. By not going out, we are fighting a battle which we will loose surely, if we show up to face it.
It has also made it clear to many what a privilege it is to be able to stay at home and stay home. #thisisthenewnormal #coronalife
Eating at home has also become the new norm and it has been a challenge with the load of office work, school work and household chores. Cooking is not like normal days because unlike before when I could decide what I want to make and get what I needed for it. now I have to make food as per the things available in our pantry.
We aren’t going out at all and thankfully we are able to get most essentials home delivered. Cleaning up and Sanitising the perishable and non perishable items is another big work.
The little one wanted to have a pizza 🍕 and I didn’t have store bought pizza based left and no yeast either. So made this No yeast easy to make pizza and he loved it.
Here is the recipe for the base :
- Whole wheat flour : 1 Cup
- Baking Powder : 1 tsp
- Baking Soda : 1/8 tsp
- Salt : 1tsp
- Sugar : 2 tsp
- Fresh Curd : approx half cup
- Butter to baste
- Toppings of your choice : Corn/ Chicken / Jalapeños / Peppers / Sausage/ Onion
1. Mix all the dry ingredients and then knead dough with the curd. It will be a sticky dough. Take some oil in your palms and knead it for 4/5 more minutes
2. Make two round-lets out of the dough
3. Roll it out to a 7 inch diameter. The base should be thick like a pizza.
4. You can use a little dry flour to help roll it out.
5. Poke with a fork
6. Now add pizza sauce and leave a little around the edges for the crust
7. Grate Mozzarella and Cheddar in equal quantities and sprinkle on top of the sauce generously.
8. Add the toppings of your choice
9. Baste the crust with butter
10. Baste the pizza tray and put the pizza on top.
11. Preheat your oven.
12. Bake at 200 C for 15/20 mins till the crust turns golden.
13. Sprinkle some more grated cheese on top and enjoy.
Hope you enjoy the same
Don’t forget to follow my Instagram page The Average Mom