Learned a wonderful new recipe today for roast chicken with the least amount of fuss involved , absolutely a dish to make on those evenings when you want to have a good chicken roast but really don’t want to spend your time marinading, basting, and hovering around the oven in general.
Had it for dinner at a friend’s place today, and while everyone was drinking a beautiful chardonnay with Kenny G playing in the background, the chicken getting roasted without anyone having to continuously supervise it.
Amazingly though, it does not take much time either.
The honey gives it a beautiful dimension and the slow cooking helps in keeping the chicken amazingly juicy.
- Chicken legs without skin – 8
- Honey – 4 tbsp
- Rock Salt – 2 tbsp
- Rosemary – 2-3 sprigs
- Mexican spice – 4 tbsp
- Cajun Spice – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil for frying – 2 tbsp
- Kenny G album
- Marinade the chicken legs with all the spices and honey
- Leave for 6 hours
- In a shallow bottomed pan with lid , add some oil to coat the base
- The chicken will not be deep fried thus the oil should be just enough to coat the pan
- Now put the chicken legs in the pan and cover it, leave on low flame
- Go and listen to Kenny G
- Get up after 15 mins and go turn the chicken
- Cook for another 10 mins , the chicken should be lightly browned on both sides
- Cook until done, you can check by pricking a fork, the flesh should be coming off the bones
- Take out from pan and keep wrapped in aluminium foil until serving